Monday, July 25, 2011

A "Quick" Card

After all the craziness that has been going on here the past few weeks with schedules and events, I needed some therapy time.  I don't really have any available, but on those nights when I just can't sleep (and there are a lot lately) I'll sometimes get up and do a little copic coloring.  This weekend happened to be one of those times.  My wonderful friend Amy has the Wild Sprouts Vivi stamp from The Greeting Farm and when we were in Pennsylvania last month she let me stamp a bunch (You ROCK, Amy!!).  I had some holiday paper left from last year that I really like and thought would work with the image, so I colored Vivi in blues and purples and made the card.  Here is what it looks like:



I couldn't resist using Liquid Applique on the brim of the hat!  I really like the way it turned out!  And I'm one more card closer to my goal of having all my Christmas cards done on time this year (despite my hectic schedule!)!  YAY!  I also distressed the edges of the papers with my edge distresser (fancy name, I know!) and used Stampin' Up dimensionals to pop the image off the card slightly. 
Here is a list of supplies (not ALL of them) I used on this card- just in case you're interested:
EK Success Art Blanche paper- Winter Dot
Stampin' UP "warmest wishes" stamp
Stampin' UP Pale Plum ink
Liquid Applique
Copics:
- hair- E37, E33, E31
- skin- E00, E000, R20
- clothes & bell- V000, V01, V12, B95, B93, C1, C3
- present- B21, BV02, clear spica glitter pen

Well, until school breaks again between classes, I'm going to be busy with school.  I'll hopefully catch a minute or two here and there to be crafty- we'll see.  But, until next time... Be safe and Happy Scrappin'!!

1 comment:

  1. Pam, this is too cute--I love the paper and your image is adorable. I just might have to steal your design. Love you, Mom

    ReplyDelete