Monday, February 20, 2012

The Latest Cards

Once again I joined a swap, so I found myself needing to make 14 thank you cards.  I wasn't entirely sure what I wanted to do, so I looked for inspiration on the Splitcoaststampers galleries and then among the various cards I've pinned and repinned on Pinterest.  Here are the two cards I came up with:
 This first card was inspired by one I saw on the Splitcoaststampers galleries.  I ended up pinning it to my boards on Pinterest, so you can see the original card where I got the inspiration from here.  I didn't have any patterned paper that suited me, so I decided to use stamps and coordinating cardstock colors.  I pulled out my Hero Arts Old Letter Writing stamp to do the background along the bottom strip and the background in each of the squares along the top.  The CTMH For Every Occasion set is where the "Thanks" comes from that you see at the bottom.  I used my cuttlebug and an embossing folder (sorry, can't remember which one) to emboss the top background piece, and I used my Nestabilities Lacey Squares dies to cut the scalloped squares.  I also used the Nestabilities to cut the two label shapes that hold the word "Thanks" at the bottom.   The ribbon is Certainly Celery from Stampin' Up, and the coordinating cardstock is called Pear Crush- I purchased it at Archiver's.  Honestly, I can't remember if it's by Bazzill or American Crafts.  The butterflies were punched from a MS butterfly punch, and I added a dot of Perfect Pearls to the center of each one after I adhered them to their squares.  I apologize if the card looks washed out- I really need to work on the lighting in my craft room!  All in all, though, I was pleased with the way the first card design turned out- even if it did take me longer than I thought it would to make 8 of these (I made one to keep for myself)!

The second card was inspired by one I repinned on Pinterest.  The original card can be seen here.  I used the Fiskars stamp set called Latte Love for both the coffee cup and the sentiment.  The base of this card is made from kraft cardstock.  I used a dark brown card stock as the background (from Archiver's), and then Basic Grey patterned paper for the other two pieces.  Brown Baker's Twine is wrapped around the card, and the coffee cup is adhered with Stampin' Up dimensionals to give it a little more... dimension.  I colored in the coffee cup with my copic markers, but I didn't note which colors I used (sorry!).  I really like the way this card turned out, too!  Isn't it great when you can get inspiration from other cards you see?

Well, that's it for now.  Hopefully I will be able to make some more cards and scrapbook pages soon!  Thanks for stopping by!  Feel free to leave a comment- I love hearing from visitors!

Have a great day!

2 comments:

  1. Both of your cards are wonderful Pam, I can only imagine how excited your fellow swappers will be when they get these! You've got a great card making style, it's always fun to come and visit your blog.
    :Dx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Pam,
    Both of your cards are wonderful--love them both. I especially love the butterfly card. The coffee cup card would be a good one for your Dad. I will have to steal these designs. Awesome work.

    ReplyDelete