Saturday, June 23, 2012

It's been too long...

Yes, it's been too long since I posted last!  I really don't have an excuse other than I have been UBER busy, but isn't everyone?  **sigh** Well, being busy is my excuse for not posting, but I have made time to do a little crafting here and there.

There are two challenges I am taking part in each week.  One is a Last Scrapper Standing Challenge and another is a Last Stamper Standing Challenge.  The first is for page layouts and the latter is for cards.  It's much easier to post the cards right now, so that's what I'll stick with for this post.  Here are a few of the cards I have done over the past ten weeks of the challenge:

 This card is from week 10.  I love the way it turned out!  And I hope "ewe" are doing ok, too! ;)

 This card is from week 8.  It turned out that it worked perfect for Father's Day and my children and I gave this to my husband for Father's Day.  He really liked it!

This card is from week 9.  Personally I don't find this to be one of my favorites, but I followed the sketch and the technique requirements, so I submitted it. ;)


 I can't remember what week this card (or the others after this) are from, but they are all part of the weekly challenges.  I think this princess one would be perfect for a little girl's birthday!

This ballerina card... ah... this little ballerina card was made as part of the challenge, but I also decided to give it to my little girl the night of her very first dance recital.  She loved the card so much she hugged it! 

 This card was my favorite from the challenge that week.  I love the Cafe Ian image from The Greeting Farm and I just think the papers and the gems worked beautifully together!  I'm not sure who this will go to, but right now I'm not worried about it because I'm a little more interested in keeping it around (LOL!) for a bit!

This last card was made for my daughter's dance teacher.  She gave it to her the night of the dance recital.  Of course, I used the same sketch for the challenge that week... I just love how each of these last three cards are all a little different even though the same sketch was used!  And I must admit that I absolutely adore the Aspire stamp set from Close to My Heart that I used for the card above!

Well, that's a little bit of what I've been up to when I've made the time to complete my challenges over the past few weeks.  I'm hoping to post more regularly, but this summer isn't even half over and it looks like I'll be going nonstop the rest of the way through!  That's ok, though- it'll slow down... eventually!

I hope you've enjoyed seeing a few of the cards I've made!  Please leave me a comment and share your thoughts!  I'd love to hear from you!

No comments:

Post a Comment